Pilgrim’s Perfect Gin and Tonic Cake
It can’t get much better than this, Gin and Tonic added to a cake! Whoever thought of adding our two favourite things to a cake is a genius!
Here is our very own Pilgrim’s Gin and Tonic Cake and all you need is our Original Pilgrim’s Gin to make it!
- 200g Unsalted Butter or Stork
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Zest of half a grapefruit
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 3tbsp Pilgrim’s Original Gin
- 3tbsp Tonic Water
- 150g unsalted butter (softened)
- 375g icing sugar
- 1.5tbsp Pilgrim’s Original Gin
- 1.5tbsp Tonic Water
- Grapefruit Slices
- Grapefruit Zest
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan and line two 20cm sandwich cake tins.
- Beat together the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy, add the flour, eggs, baking powder and lime until they are all combined.
- Divide the mixture equally between the tins and bake for 25-30 minutes until the cakes are golden. Whilst cooling, begin the drizzle.
- Add the caster sugar, Pilgrim’s Original Gin and tonic to a small pan and heat over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Poke the warm cake with a skewer or fork and then drizzle the drizzle over the cake. Then leave the cake to fully cool.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter and icing sugar together until well combined. Gradually add the Pilgrim’s Original Gin and tonic to the buttercream, 0.5tbsp at a time and combine.
- To decorate, add half of the buttercream to one layer of the cake, add the second layer on top and pipe the remainder of the buttercream across the top. Sprinkle the grapefruit zest across the top and a slice of grapefruit to each of the piped buttercream.
- Serve and enjoy with a Pilgrim’s Original Gin and Tonic